If the before and after photos are anything to go by, Liposculpture has the ability to produce amazing results, but how do you go about maintaining these results after your procedure?
The fat cells that are present in your body are relatively stable after the age of 18, which means that your body won’t replace the fat cells that are removed during your Liposculpture procedure.
Unfortunately, you do still have the ability to gain weight in other areas of your body but there are steps that you can take to keep your new shape and enjoy it for longer.
How to maintain your Liposculpture results
Here are 5 tips that will help you retain your lipo results.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water during the day will support your weight loss efforts. Water increases your metabolism and your resting energy expenditure, ensuring that your body is still burning calories at rest. Very often when we feel hungry, we’re actually just dehydrated so the next time you feel like a snack, have a glass of water first.
- Change up your eating habits. What better excuse to change up your eating habits than your new, sexy shape. To increase your metabolism, it’s important to eat at least 3 meals every day, with small, healthy snacks in between if you’re still feeling hungry. An easy rule to follow is to eat as clean as possible. Stock your fridge with fresh foods and cut down on anything that’s highly processed. This is also a great excuse to teach yourself some new cooking methods and try out some new recipes.
- Move that body. While there will be some limitations on how much you can exercise directly after your procedure, once you’re completely healed, make time to move your body as often as you can. Exercising doesn’t have to mean hitting the gym either. Why not get outside and try out hiking or join a yoga class at a local studio. There are also small things that you can do to move more during the day. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator is one good example. To speak to a surgeon about the exercise dos and don’ts or to see more liposculpture procedure details at Verve Clinic, click here.
- Practice stress management. Believe it or not but stress can affect your metabolism. Stress hormones tend to trigger cravings for unhealthy foods, which will ultimately end up affecting your weight loss progress. Reduce your stress levels by taking time to “switch off” before you go to bed so that you can get more sleep, spend more time outside or meet up with a friend for a good laugh.
- Create healthier habits. Your new shape will be motivation enough to start creating healthier habits in your life. Stick to moderates amounts of alcohol and give up smoking if you want to instantly enhance the health of your skin. Smoking can hinder the production of collagen, which can lead to you looking older than you really are.
Overall, small, simple changes are all that’s necessary to retain the results from your Liposculpture procedure.