There are countless factors that are responsible for several skin diseases. Some of the skin conditions are caused by the imbalance in hormones, indigestion due to unhealthy food, modern stressful lifestyle etc. All these reasons are the active triggers which cause skin diseases. Skin attracts germs and infections easily.
Common skin diseases and symptoms
Some of the common skin diseases are acne, eczema, psoriasis and warts. Spots are the primary acne symptom. You can see or feel them on your skin easily. Most have a combination of non-inflamed and inflamed spots. Quite often, acne spots appear on the face. But acne can also develop on other areas of the body such as the neck, chest, shoulders, back and butt. Symptoms of non-inflamed acne comprise bumps across the skin’s surface or uneven skin texture. Non-inflamed acne breakouts include blackheads and whiteheads. Inflamed acne breakouts result in red, swollen pimples. Inflamed acne can be minor, with occasional breakouts. Or it can be severe, resulting in deep spots. These spots can be swollen, can ooze, crust and scab over. Inflamed acne breakouts commonly include papules and pustules.
Presentation of eczema varies from person to person. Listed below are the most common eczema symptoms.
- Damaged skin
- Release of inflammatory chemicals
Psoriasis is unique in most cases. Psoriasis symptoms might differ from person to person in terms of the location, spread, severity and duration of the lesions. Nevertheless, few or all of the following features can be seen in most cases.
- Sore, thickened patches or lesions on the skin.
- The lesions are covered with silvery scales.
- Itching and a burning sensation after scratching.
- Discomfort or itching in and around the lesions.
- Scratching or cutting the skin might give rise to new lesions in the same areas.
Common skin warts typically occur on your fingers or hands and might be:
- Small, fleshy, grainy bumps
- Flesh-colored, white, pink or tan
- Rough to the touch
Treat skin conditions with homeopathy
The treatment of skin diseases is possible in homeopathy. It has effective remedies to treat every tiny symptom of the skin condition from the roots. Here is a list of some relevant homeopathic remedies for skin problems.
- If you have eczema, you experience itching and swelling. These eczema symptoms get worse at night and in moist atmosphere. Rhus Tox is a useful remedy to treat the infections caused by eczema.
- Graphites can easily treat the moist scruffy eruptions on the scalp, face, bends of joint and between the fingers.
- Hepar Sulphur is the best homeopathic skin remedy. It treats the signs of burning, distress and itching in the skin folds. Sulphur helps to treat other symptoms of eczema and psoriasis.
- Thuja treats warts, acne and age spots. It has distinct antibacterial properties to treat blackheads and acne.
- Natrum Muriaticum is the best remedy to control acne vulgaris. It can also be used to control blisters and rashes.
- Cantharis is a beneficial homeopathic medicine for minor skin burns and blisters. It relieves pain and promotes healing.
- Ranunculus Bulbosus is used to treat eczema, itching and chapped palms and fingertips.
- Nitricum Acidum treats warts and skin lesions very effectively. It has also demonstrated efficacy in treating ulcers that bleed easily, cracks and skin fissures.
- Oleander is prepared from the extracts of Nerium oleander. The extracts comprise high levels of antioxidants. These protect the skin cells and help to reduce oxidative stress. This medicine has been used for its antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antioxidative benefits since many years. Oleander is effective in treating eczema and psoriasis. It is also beneficial in treating food allergies.
- Kali Muriaticum is a very effective homeopathic remedy to treat eczema. You can use Kali Muriaticum to manage acne, burns and warts.
The list for homeopathic medicines for skin problems is endless. It is vital to notice the warning signs and seek medical attention. Consult an expert skin doctor. He/she will guide you about the dosage and the way to use the medicine for treating your skin problem.
Dr Batra’s™ has treated over 1.41 lakh patients with skin problems successfully over the last 35 years. Their treatment extends beyond the physical symptoms. They also address the fundamental emotional triggers like stress and depression that are seen in patients with skin problems. Therefore, their homeopathy treatment goes a step further and works towards re-integrating the patient to a normal and better quality of life.
If you have skin problems, you can visit the nearest skin clinic and consult a skin doctor.
Skin care in 3 easy steps:
- Cleanse: Wash with a mild, gentle soap; rinse; pat dry.
- Tone: For dry skin, use a mild freshener-toner. For oily skin, use a good natural/herbal preparation.
- Moisturize: Use a mild moisturizer to keep your skin soft and supple.