Nobody likes having acne, it is painful, it looks ugly and makes us want to cover up the symptoms with make-up or avoid going out. There are several types of Acne which are usually caused when our hair follicles get blocked with oil and dead skin cells. Acne is a skin condition that causes blackheads, whiteheads and pimples and the symptoms of acne usually show up on the face, shoulders, upper back, forehead and chest.
Acne is a common skin condition among teenagers but can happen to anyone regardless of age and gender. Treatments for acne are available, however, the pimples may take time to heal. Once one symptom is healed another one might crop up in the meanwhile. Acne can exert emotional distress and might leave scars on the skin as well. This is why acne should be treated on time and with precision. There are a plethora of treatments that are now available along with the homeopathy medication for acne.
So what are the main causes of Acne?
Among others, there are 4 main factors that can influence an acne outbreak on your skin –
- The hair follicles getting blocked by dead skin cells and oil
- Excess production of oil
- Excess hormone activity ( Androgen )
Acne usually appears on the face, forehead, upper back, shoulders and chest as these parts of the skin have the most oil glands. The hair follicles are directly connected with the oil glands.
Once affected with acne, the focus shifts to treating it or mitigating the symptoms,
About acne patches
Acne patches are medicinal patches that are pasted on the acne affected skin and left to rest on it for a while. The acne patch starts sucking out the excess oil and dirt from the affected skin like a vacuum. The patch converts all these impurities into a gel like substance to be thrown away with the acne patch later on.
Acne patches are usually made up of hydrocolloid material and some may contain other medication such as benzoyl peroxide that can seep deep into the skin for maximum benefits.
Acne patches is a painless, economical, and effective approach to treating acne and pimples.
It is best to leave the acne patch on the affected area over night and can be peeled away in the morning. This gives the patch enough time to work where needed.
These factors may worsen acne –
- Hormones: Androgen hormone levels spike during puberty in both girls and boys, this causes the oil glands to produce more sebum. Hormonal changes related to pregnancy may also cause acne. Taking oral contraceptives might also affect the production of sebum.
- Medications: Medicines that contain corticosteroids, testosterone and lithium might cause acne symptoms to worsen.
- Diet Patterns:Research has claimed that carb rich food such as chips, white bread, And White Skim Milk can be linked to causes of acne. A small study has also shown that eating chocolate in excess might increase the risk of acne.
- Excessive stress: Too much stress directly affects our hormones, this might cause acne to become more stubborn and persistent.
Homeopathic treatments have shown amazing results among the patients and hence, there are a plethora of people who prefer taking the homeopathic treatments for curing the problems and its side-effects. The homeopathic medicines are proven to control the eruptions and avoid the recurrence for a great amount of time.
Homeopathic treatments can be of immense help to the patients and at Dr. Batra’s, we have a great team of doctors and industry specialists who excel in delivering outstanding services through homeopathic treatments that work extremely well and eliminates the negatives without any threatening side-effects.